Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Blessed

I have been blog hopping lately and listening to stories of the tragedies and trials others are going through. I can't help but feel that I have really got it good! Sure I battle being severely overweight, and am bi-polar, but today these trials seem like cake compared with those that daily battle for their very life, or those who have lost children or other family members due to illness or accidents.

I saw a quote that said, "God doesn't give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we are given".

Today, I feel that my bi-polar is under control. It is not running my life. I feel normal (whatever that is , right?) Though I can remember there was a time that there was nothing else, but a life of depression and confusion and craziness. Sadly it was the worst while my children were very little, so I don't remember much of their being babies or toddlers. But like the line on Steel Magnolias says, "There are still good times to be had". I feel like I have been experiencing those good times. I know I have it good! Besides, since my kids were so little, they don't remember their mom being emotionally checked out.

I am particularly thankful to Allie who practically raised my kids during those times and to Lehi who stood by my side, and supported me and loved me, even though it was very difficult for him; And for Patrice and Amy who constantly checked on me. Thank you all! I love you!

Alright enough blubbering, I know you are all waiting with great anticipation for the Friday report tomorrow. I know I am! Check back tomorrow for that! Wahoo!

No comments: