Monday, October 27, 2008

My Resistance to Resistance Training

What was I thinking!? I just got home from the gym. I started resistance training today in addition to my cardio workout. I started with working on my legs today. Now my legs are mush.

I almost didn't even start today because it had been so long since I had done resistance training and never at this new gym. I was feeling a little bit intimidated. Obviously I chose to do it anyway. good times...

I talked to the head trainer about prices for getting a trainer. His name is Ken and he looks like a Ken doll except he is more bulky. Anyway, you know how they offer you a free training session when you first join the gym? I was such a flake and feeling intimidated that I actually cancelled on him 5 times, he was making fun of me...we had a good laugh. So Ken gave me the pricing and I am checking into things to see what I can afford. I am scheduled to train with him for that free session this Thursday. I'm still feeling awkward about training with him, because I am so out of shape, and not looking forward to the pain they inflict upon you, but I have to start somewhere. I think I will have better results training with a trainer.

No comments: